CRAFT PRO AWARDS
Construction companies are realizing it is not enough just to complete world-class projects. They must look to the future and build their workforces as well. To address the construction industry’s persistent labor shortage challenges, companies are getting involved in local schools, building quality craft training programs, hiring from programs like CEFGA’s Construction Ready, and identifying career pathways for their field-level employees. CEFGA created the Craft Pro Champions Awards to recognize individuals and companies who are making a difference in the industry’s fight to find and develop craft professionals. On August 8, 2019, CEFGA hosted the first annual Craft Pro Champions Awards Breakfast to honor Georgia’s best construction field-level employees. Congratulations to the winners!
CONSTRUCTION READY GRADUATES OF THE YEAR:
Recognizes program graduates who have been with their company at least two years and are excelling, advancing and thriving in the construction industry.
- Lanray Bakare, Build Cobb Group 6; Senior Project Coordinator, Vankirk Electric
- Khalil Davis, Westside Works Group 11; Field Safety Coordinator, DPR Construction
- Miketa Grant, Westside Works Group 18; Foreman Laborer, Marek Interior Systems
- Nicholas Holmes, Westside Works Group 2; Foreman in Training, Anning-Johnson Company
- Trayan Tonkov, Build Cobb Group 1; Repair and Restoration Foreman, Precision Concrete Construction
K12 PIPELINE GRADUATE OF THE YEAR:
Recognizes a graduate of a high school construction program who is excelling, advancing and thriving in the construction industry.
- Evan Magee, Kennesaw Mountain High School, Class of 2018; Crew Supervisor, Holder Construction